The Mayor’s Commission on People with Disabilities of Philadelphia has set up a scholarship fund to further the education and training of people with disabilities. The Oliver H. M. Jordan Scholarship Fund for Students with Disabilities was established by the Mayor’s Commission to provide financial assistance to students who are pursuing post-secondary education or training. Students attending (or planning to attend) an undergraduate, graduate, technical, or vocational program will be considered for the scholarships.
- Applicant must be a Philadelphia
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Applicant must have a disability, as defined by the Rehab Act/ADA.
- Applicant must be pursuing undergraduate, vocational, technical or graduate education.
- Application must be accompanied by two letters of recommendation (one of which must be from school personnel) and most recent transcript.
- Proof of application and/or acceptance from the post-secondary institution.
The following criteria will also be used to select recipients:
Demonstrated commitment to disability awareness
Priority given to full-time students
Eligible applicants can download an application here: http://www.iup.edu/newsItem.aspx?id=194427&blogid=1297
The scholarship submission deadline for receipt of applications is September 25, 2015, so be sure to submit your application soon!