Cowboy Caviar is a delicious side dish for taco Tuesday and a yummy dip to bring to a picnic or party. This versatile dip can also be eaten over a bed of lettuce or in a wrap for lunch. Feel free to add additional vegetables, as they will only make it more nutritious. And if you don’t have time to make the Italian dressing, you can always use a bottled version.
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 15 oz. can black-eyed peas, drained
- 4 Roma tomatoes, pulp removed and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 bell pepper – a mix of colors if desired, chopped
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, recipe below
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced (about 3 Tbsp)
Mix everything together. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
Whisk ingredients together and refrigerate.