We are just a couple days away from Super Bowl 50! I am sure most of you have your plans lined up, whether you will be watching the game or taking the opportunity to socialize with friends on a Sunday night. As with any social gathering, delicious (and healthy} food is an essential part. I want to take this time to share with you one of my favorite dips. It has protein, healthy fats, and fiber. What more could we ask for?
And before you dig in, here are few reminders to keep you from overindulging on all the tempting treats.
- Have a nutrient dense snack prior to heading to the party. For example, apple with peanut butter or yogurt with granola.
- Drink water at the party, or limit the amount of calorie containing beverages you drink.
- When you’re hungry, grab a plate and start by filling half with vegetables. Limit the mindless snacking at the food table.
- Make sure to exercise during the day. The game doesn’t start until 6:30 p.m., so you have plenty of time!
- Bring a healthy appetizer. It’s fun to share with friends, plus you know there will be at least one safe food.
7 Layer Taco Tip
1 pint (16 ounces) plain non-fat Greek yogurt
1 packet (about 1/4 cup) taco seasoning
2 (15-ounce) cans non-fat refried beans
3 cups guacamole (premade or homemade)
1-2 cups part-skin Mexican cheese, shredded
2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
½ cup black olives, sliced
1/3 cup red onion, diced
¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together Greek yogurt and taco seasoning until thoroughly combined, then set aside.
- Spread the refried beans on the bottom of a 9×13 dish. Then, evenly spread the guacamole on top of the refried beans, followed by the Greek yogurt mixture, cheese, and tomatoes.
- Garnish with olives, onions, and cilantro.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.