The 27th Segal Classic is here on Friday, September 23! You help support Magee patients through the Segal Classic even if you can’t attend the event. One of the ways that money is raised for Magee patients through the Segal Classic is an impressive silent and live auction. You can bid on items online! Visit www.501auctions.com/SegalClassic to register for the auction, view the extensive list of items, and start bidding! Everything is in real time, so you can participate in all the action!
Over the past 27 years, the Jerry Segal Classic has raised $14.5 for patients at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital! This has helped make the following possible, and much more!
- Over 29,000 Magee patients served
- Four wheelchair accessible buses to transport patients
- 65,000 meals for family members and guests through the Segal Friends & Family Meal Program
- Segal Housing Fund allowing families who live far from Magee to stay in accommodations close to their loved ones at Magee
- Segal Street on Magee’s rooftop that enables patients a safe place to practice maneuvering around real-life obstacles such as uneven curbs, potholes, porch lift and a car to practice transfers
- Patient Equipment Fund for patients without insurance coverage to cover items such as medications and assistive devices
- Television and phone service provided for all Magee patients free of charge
- Patient leisure activities such as the Friday Pizza Party, Poker Night and holiday events
- Gaining Ground Program at the Riverfront, an advanced wellness program for outpatients with the focus on increasing function
- Wendkos Community Center for Stroke Survivors which supports the stroke club and provides community based activities and socialization opportunities for stroke survivors and their families.
- Patient Peer Mentor Programs for patients and family members with spinal cord injury, amputee, brain injury and stroke
Thank you for your support and for helping Magee patients!
For more information on the Segal Classic, contact SegalClassic@mageerehab.org or 215-587-3090.
Pictured L to R: John Wendkos, Scott Palmer, Jerry Segal, Bernie Parent