Please know that every patient is unique — as is the circumstance surrounding their care. Our care teams will always compassionately consider those circumstances when making decisions about visitor/ family presence.
Visitors to Magee Rehabilitation
Visitors will screened at the front desk every time they visit Magee. A Magee-issued visitor badge serves as the indication that the visitor was screened and permitted to visit. If any questions are of concern, visitation will be denied at that time.
Visitors will be issued a face mask upon entering Magee Rehabilitation. This face mask must be worn at all times while in the building. Other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided based on the patient’s status.
If you are unable to wear a mask for protection, you should not visit our facilities. Your safety and the safety of others is really important. If you are unable to visit a patient in person, our staff can help set up a video visit with the patient through the use of technology.
When you are in our facilities we ask that you please wash your hands often or frequently use alcohol hand sanitizing gel and limit touching surfaces in patient care areas.
Visitors are not permitted in Magee therapy gyms or other public spaces, such as the rooftop, art therapy studio, greenhouse, etc., unless for scheduled teaching purposes.
Social distancing (six feet or greater) is required for all visitors while in the facility and in the patient room.
Visiting non-coronavirus patients
- Visiting hours are 11 am to 7 pm daily.
- We will welcome one visitor per patient at a time in the building.
- Visitation is only permitted for family member or hands-on caregiver.
- No visitors under the age of 16 are allowed.
- As mentioned above, you must wear a face mask at all times.
- When visiting a patient, we will ask you to please stay in the patient’s room except for your own basic personal needs (e.g., cafeteria, using the restroom).
- Eating or drinking is permitted only in the second floor cafeteria.
- For patients with an open airway, visitors must wear full PPE during any visit.
Visiting coronavirus patients (or patients with coronavirus symptoms)
- To protect you and our patients, visitors are not allowed, except as listed below.
- For any patient with COVID-19, visitation is only permitted on day of admission, for scheduled family teaching and day of discharge. Full PPE must be worn for any visit.
- Protective masks will be issued to patients when arriving to their scheduled appointment, if they do not already have one in place.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken at the door to closely monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- We ask that only one caregiver accompany a patient to the appointment and only when necessary.
- No children are permitted in the building.
Please take the time to review our updated hospital and visitor policy and safety guidelines before visiting Magee.