Please know that every patient is unique — as is the circumstance surrounding their care. Our care teams will always compassionately consider those circumstances when making decisions about visitor/ family presence.
Due to the recent surge of COVID-19 cases locally and nationwide, Magee Rehabilitation, along with all Jefferson Health hospitals, are no longer allowing patient visitation effective Friday, December 4, 2020
Visitation is only permitted in a few, very specific circumstances, which must be requested through a case manager and receive administrative approval.
- Patients with tetraplegia who are on mechanical ventilation
- Patients 18 years old and younger
- Day of Admission
- Day of Discharge
- Pre-arranged and scheduled Family Teaching sessions
Please see the patient’s case manager for more details or questions.
Anyone who is granted an exception to visit must be over the age of 18, and will need to attest to their health and to NOT having traveled to a high risk area (as defined by the CDC) in the last 14 days.
The visitation policy is in effect until further notice and subject to change due to COVID-19 pandemic conditions.
For exceptions to the visitor policy: Visitors will be screened at the front desk every time they visit Magee. A Magee-issued visitor badge serves as the indication that the visitor was screened and permitted to visit. If any questions are of concern, visitation will be denied at that time.
Visitors will be issued a face mask upon entering Magee Rehabilitation. This face mask must be worn at all times while in the building. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth. As we are seeing cases of COVID increase, it is extremely important that mask wearing be strictly followed especially while inside the patient room. In order to continue to protect our patients and staff; you will be asked to leave if we find that you are not wearing your mask (outside of eating in designated areas) or following the visitor policy. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate through this pandemic. Other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided based on the patient’s status.
If you are unable to wear a mask for protection, you should not visit our facilities. Your safety and the safety of others is really important. If you are unable to visit a patient in person, our staff can help set up a video visit with the patient through the use of technology.
When you are in our facilities we ask that you please wash your hands often or frequently use hand sanitizer and limit touching surfaces in patient care areas.
Visitors are not permitted in Magee therapy gyms or other public spaces, such as the rooftop, art therapy studio, greenhouse, etc., unless for scheduled teaching purposes.
Social distancing (six feet or greater) is required for all visitors while in the facility and in the patient room.
Visiting non-coronavirus patients
- Visiting hours are 11 am to 7 pm daily.
- Visitation is not permitted at this time, except under a few, specific circumstances. See patient’s case manager for more information.
- Visitation is only permitted for family member or hands-on caregiver.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are allowed.
- As mentioned above, you must wear a face mask at all times.
- When visiting a patient, we will ask you to please stay in the patient’s room except for your own basic personal needs (e.g., cafeteria, using the restroom). Please do not eat in the patient room and keep your mask on at all times.
- Eating or drinking is permitted only in the second floor cafeteria.
- For patients with an open airway, visitors must wear full PPE during any visit.
Visiting coronavirus patients (or patients with coronavirus symptoms)
- To protect you and our patients, visitors are not allowed, except as listed below.
- For any patient with COVID-19, visitation is only permitted on day of admission, for scheduled family teaching and day of discharge. Full PPE must be worn for any visit.
- Protective masks will be issued to patients when arriving to their scheduled appointment, if they do not already have one in place.
- Daily temperature checks will be taken at the door to closely monitor for symptoms of COVID-19.
- We ask that only one caregiver accompany a patient to the appointment and only when necessary.
- No children are permitted in the building.
Please take the time to review our updated hospital and visitor policy and safety guidelines before visiting Magee.