Shadowing Opportunities - Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering and/or shadowing at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have put these programs on a pause until further notice. If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Jacobs at email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe.
Thanks for your interest in shadowing at Magee in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, Art Therapy, or Horticulture Therapy!
Please note: due to high demand of placement in our shadowing program, there may be a waiting list for placements in the departments listed above.
We offer limited shadowing opportunities twice a year. Shadowing students are expected to complete 60 shadowing hours with their assigned therapist. We do not offer shadowing opportunities greater than 60 hours or outside the timeline below
- WINTER/SPRING CYCLE: Applications will be accepted in November 2019 and December 2019 for shadowing to occur January 2020 through May 2020
- SUMMER/FALL CYCLE: Applications will be accepted in May 2020 and June 2020 for shadowing to occur July 2020 through November 2020
General patient therapy treatment hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. There are no evening or weekend shadowing opportunities available.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital performs background checks on all shadowing students once you have been accepted into the program. All interested shadowing students must attend an orientation session at the hospital prior to placement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Include the name of Therapy Department: PT, OT, TR, Art, or Horticulture and follow the instructions below:
- All shadowing students are required to submit a Child Clearance Background Check and provide the Volunteer Services Department (VSD) with a copy of your report. The report is free of charge for all volunteers, and should arrive within 14 business days.
- Complete the Online Shadowing Application and include:
- Preferred shadowing location: Inpatient (Magee Rehabilitation Hospital – 1513 Race Street) or Outpatient (Magee Riverfront – 1500 Columbus Boulevard)
- Total number of hours you need to complete
- Date in which you need to complete your shadowing hours
- Days and times you are available
- Total hours per week you can shadow
- Provide us with proof that you have received a current flu vaccination during flu season (October -May). A limited supply of flu vaccinations will be made available for active volunteers and peer mentors – email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. If you have not received the flu vaccine by October 31st, you will not be permitted to volunteer. You may be reinstated to your volunteer role when proof of vaccination is provided to the volunteer services department.
- Please provide a copy of current school ID
Thank you for your interest in shadowing at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. For more information email Shannon.Jacobs@jefferson.edu or call 215-587-3140.