Shadowing Opportunities - Volunteers
Thanks for your interest in shadowing at Magee in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation, Art Therapy, or Horticulture Therapy!
Please note: due to high demand of placement in our shadowing program, there may be a waiting list for placements in the departments listed above.
We are currently offering limited shadowing opportunities due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We do not offer shadowing opportunities greater than 60 hours or outside the timeline below
General patient therapy treatment hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM.
There are no evening or weekend shadowing opportunities available.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital performs background checks on all shadowing students once you have been accepted into the program. All interested shadowing students must attend an orientation session at the hospital prior to placement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Include the name of Therapy Department: PT, OT, TR, Art, or Horticulture and follow the instructions below:
- All shadowing students are required to submit a Child Clearance Background Check and provide the Volunteer Services Department (VSD) with a copy of your report. The report is free of charge for all volunteers, and should arrive within 14 business days.
- Complete the Online Shadowing Application and include:
- Preferred shadowing location: Inpatient (Magee Rehabilitation Hospital – 1513 Race Street) or Outpatient (Magee Riverfront – 1500 Columbus Boulevard)
- Total number of hours you need to complete
- Date in which you need to complete your shadowing hours
- Days and times you are available
- Total hours per week you can shadow
- Provide us with proof that you have received a current flu vaccination during flu season (October -May).
- Shadowing students must be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus prior to your start date. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination during the onboarding process.
Questions? Email Shannon.Jacobs@jefferson.edu or call 215-587-3140.