Senior Physical Therapist
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital opened in 1958 as the first free-standing rehabilitation hospital in Philadelphia. The Hospital has over 600 employees and is nationally recognized for outstanding programs in physical and cognitive rehabilitation, with comprehensive services for spinal cord injury, brain injury, stroke, orthopedic replacement, amputation, pain management and work injury. Magee serves as the federally designated Regional Spinal Cord Injury Center of Delaware Valley. Only 14 such centers exist in the country. Magee is a founding member of The Christopher Reeve Foundation NeuroRecovery Network, which provides state of the art rehabilitation therapy.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Senior Physical Therapist to provide evaluations, treatment, and discharge of all patients referred to the respective service. This employee acts as a solid generalist and mentor to staff and students. The Senior Physical Therapist will uphold the mission, vision, and values of Magee Rehabilitation.
- Responsible and accountable for all general functions and duties and responsibilities required of a staff Physical Therapist. Demonstrates consistent work performance in all noted duties.
- Acts as a role model and resource for clinical and administrative aspects of the job.
- Assumes leadership for and participation in department task forces as appropriate. Helps to generate ideas and problem solve.
- Assists Therapy Supervisors and Therapy Managers in appropriate program development.
- Participates in and completes departmental or programmatic projects.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and lift in order to effectively treat patients to referred service.
- Must be able to exert 50lbs. of force while lifting patients and/or devices.
- Must have sufficient standing balance to guard ambulatory patients.
- In the absence of Therapy Manager, Therapy Supervisors, and Advanced Clinicians, assumes responsibility for appropriate general unit duties.
- Helps in maintaining intra- and inter-departmental relationships and communications.
- Is familiar with and able to direct others in hospital emergency plans and departmental policies and procedures.
- Is the lead therapist during weekend and holiday therapy to solve problems and triage patient care issues in an efficient and effective manner.
- Serves as a clinical instructor for PT students.
- Assists in orientation of staff and students.
- Supervises PTAs.
- Participates in meetings of senior therapists, advanced clinicians and supervisors as scheduled.
- Carries a full caseload.
- Accepts planned and spontaneous workload assignments when indicated based on rotation, census, and planned and unplanned absences.
- Demonstrates solid “generalist skills” providing PT services to all Magee programs, sites, and special therapeutic interventions.
- Takes part in teaching and orientation of new and rotating staff including Therapy Aides.
- May also do interdepartmental teaching, as well as, professional and university level teaching.
- Participates in community outreach.
- Participates in professional associations.
- May act as spend-a-day or volunteer coordinator.
Has attained above average performance appraisals.
Must demonstrate clinical competence in adult rehab with the ability to provide services to any program.
Demonstrates the following characteristics:
- Above average problem solving skills
- Ability to teach informally
- Flexibility, open mindedness and approachability
- Good time management skills
- Proper use of internal resources both departmentally and hospital wide
- Sensitivity to the organization’s philosophy, structure and required systems
- Consistently meets deadlines and documentation standards
- Effective communication with various levels of personnel
- Initiation of and perseverance with projects
- Leadership skills
- Pursuit of professional growth
Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree in an accredited Physical Therapy program.
Valid Pennsylvania license in either Physical Therapy. CPR certification required.
Two years clinical experience in adult acute rehabilitation as a Physical Therapist.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mail, Email or fax your resume to:
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
1513 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax Number: (215) 587-9471