Make a difference in the lives of others.
Magee’s Volunteer Services Department (VSD) mission is to promote meaningful volunteerism through important work and common goals, which help increase patient satisfaction and support the strategic goals of Magee Rehabilitation Hospital.
Volunteer Services Department
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our summer 2020 shadowing program has been postponed until further notice. Please check back here for more information on when applications will open up for future shadowing sessions. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe.
The Volunteer Services Department (VSD) accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers in various roles throughout the hospital. As a volunteer you would provide services which benefit patients, visitors and staff. As a department, we strive to create rewarding experiences for all who volunteer their time and talents.
We ask for a minimum commitment of six months or 100 hours of service.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital performs background checks on all volunteers once a position is determined for the volunteer. All interested volunteers must attend an orientation session at the hospital prior to placement. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital.
HOW TO APPLY:
- All potential volunteers are required to submit a Child Clearance Background Check and provide the VSD with a copy of your report. The report is free of charge for all volunteers, and should arrive within 14 business days.
- Complete the Online Application and include:
- Preferred volunteer position (Scroll down to see active listings)
- Days and times you are available
- Total hours per week you can volunteer
- Provide us with proof that you have received a current flu vaccination during flu season (October -May). A limited supply of flu vaccinations will be made available for active volunteers and peer mentors – email email@example.com for details. If you have not received the flu vaccine by October 31st, you will not be permitted to volunteer. You may be reinstated to your volunteer role when proof of vaccination is provided to the volunteer services department.
- If you are under 18 years of age, please complete and upload the Parental Consent Form with your application.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. For more information email Shannon.Jacobs@jefferson.edu or call 215-587-3140.
Are you interested in shadowing at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital? Click for more information about Shadowing Opportunities.