Make a difference in the lives of others.
Magee’s Volunteer Services Department (VSD) mission is to promote meaningful volunteerism through important work and common goals, which help increase patient satisfaction and support the strategic goals of Magee Rehabilitation Hospital.
Volunteer Services Department
*At this time, as an abundance of caution regarding COVID-19, we are minimizing volunteer services at the hospital effective Thursday, 3/12/2020:
- Any volunteer who is showing signs of illness (cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.) should communicate with Volunteer Services Department (VSD) and NOT come in for their shift.
- Volunteers who are under the age of 18 and over the age of 65 are being asked to NOT come in for their volunteer shifts until at least May 12, 2020.
- Volunteers who have traveled internationally are required to take a minimum of 14 days off upon arrival back to the US, and please touch base with VSD before returning to volunteer.
- Volunteers who have gone on domestic travel, please touch base with VSD when you return from your trip to see if anything has changed.
Things are likely to change, and if/when they do, we will be sure to send out correspondence to reflect those changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time! And, for helping keep our patients and yourselves healthy and safe.
The Volunteer Services Department (VSD) accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers in various roles throughout the hospital. As a volunteer you would provide services which benefit patients, visitors and staff. As a department, we strive to create rewarding experiences for all who volunteer their time and talents.
We ask for a minimum commitment of six months or 100 hours of service.
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital performs background checks on all volunteers once a position is determined for the volunteer. All interested volunteers must attend an orientation session at the hospital prior to placement. Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital.
HOW TO APPLY:
- All potential volunteers are required to submit a Child Clearance Background Check and provide the VSD with a copy of your report. The report is free of charge for all volunteers, and should arrive within 14 business days.
- Complete the Online Application and include:
- Preferred volunteer position (Scroll down to see active listings)
- Days and times you are available
- Total hours per week you can volunteer
- Provide us with proof that you have received a current flu vaccination during flu season (October -May). A limited supply of flu vaccinations will be made available for active volunteers and peer mentors – email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. If you have not received the flu vaccine by October 31st, you will not be permitted to volunteer. You may be reinstated to your volunteer role when proof of vaccination is provided to the volunteer services department.
- If you are under 18 years of age, please complete and upload the Parental Consent Form with your application.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital. For more information email Shannon.Jacobs@jefferson.edu or call 215-587-3140.
Are you interested in shadowing at Magee Rehabilitation Hospital? Click for more information about Shadowing Opportunities.